[Shotimes] PCV catch can

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:00:34 -0400

A cup!?  The tank must be really condensing all the moisture out of the blow
by gases.  I always get a clear fluid with just a slight film of oil, maybe
a couple of tablespoons in a thousand miles or so.

FWIW - I used to have a very similar setup on a dirt late model
(http://www.grandviewspeedway.com/).  That engine ran on methanol & I would
clean out the tank after every race night.  With about 1 hour of run time
per night the engine would produce about a pint of water/oil/alcohol
mixture.  That mixture would easily light with a match.

Robert Bruce
93 atx
www.picturetrail.com/paracer

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Paul Nimz
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 4:18 PM
To: `V6 SHOtimes; `TechSho@topica.com
Subject: [Shotimes] PCV catch can

I put a catch can for my PCV system in on my '97 last Friday.  It is 20"L x
3"
and made of aluminum, has a baffle running the length of it and has both in
and out the hoses on the same end but different sides of the baffle.  I have
it mounted under the radiator horizontally.

Today I took the end off and got about a cup of liquid just slightly more
viscous than gasoline.  Is this what you other catch can guys get?????

FWIW I have sealed off the make-up air for the PCV system.

Paul Nimz
'97 TR SHO
'93 EG mtx SHO