[Shotimes] Springs Question

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:02:53 -0700

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:55:44 -0700, George Fourchy wrote:

>Get Cargo Coils, from Moog, at any reputable auto parts store.

You can always use Eibach or other lowering springs, but that will require a new set of
fronts, too.  They come in a set of 4.  It is not a good idea to use stock struts with
higher rate lowering springs, since they don't damp enough.  You can use stock struts in
good condition with the NAPA or Cargo Coil springs.

All SHOs drive better with Tokiko or Koni aftermarket struts, rather than stock struts.
A new set of springs and struts is one of the first modifications we do to our cars to
make them handle to match the engine.  It is expensive, but worth it if you can afford
it.

George