(OT) New house...was: Re: [Shotimes] Re: High Idle

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:31:26 -0700

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:26:44 -0500, van Oss wrote:

>So you're in?!?!??!   Congrats?!?!??!?!?     Send photos??!?!?!?!!    How's
>the new Feng Shui?   :- )

No...not til last week of January.  They just put the windows in it this week, and the
a/c evaporator and furnace went thru the front door today.  It's all framed, but not
wired.  We get a halfway point walk-thru just before they start hanging sheetrock, which
is also newly stacked in each room.   Then, when it's done, we get the final walk-thru.

We're setting up all the mods to make it Feng Shui happy.  We need to move the back patio
door to the other side of the back wall, change the single front door to doubles, add
some island walls, round off the upper corners of the entries to the living room, and
other stuff.  We're having the project boss (who we've conveniently become good friends
with) make changes in the framing to allow these changes to go in easily after we move
in.  The builder won't let us make the changes prior to our final acceptance of the house
at close of escrow.

The hardest part will be changing the front exterior entry overhang from a square frame
to a round one.  Our design has a square one, and the other two variations have round
ones.  The actual change won't be hard, but the new boss of the homeowners' association,
which would yell at the top of its lungs at a change like that, is moving in across the
cul-de-sac from us....75 feet away.  Let's hope she isn't too design smart.....but I
think she will be.

Three car garage, with room for 3 more in the driveway.  Room for two in the back yard,
one will be the truck.  The parts cars will have to go somewhere else.  She's equipping
the garage with metal cupboards, benches, and work areas for me.  That's the good
news....the bad news is I have to keep it CLEAN!!!   Ugh!!!!

Later....pics too, but not to the list.  Maybe the website.

George