[Shotimes] A keyless entry question

Chris Locker blindguy@gbronline.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:06:13 -0500

John,

Here is a simple way to test each key on the door keypad.  With the car
parked in a dimly lit area, such as a garage, wait for the interior lights
to go out after closing the doors.  Now press the first key on the keypad
and see if the keypad light will come on.  If it does, then that key is
working.  Now wait for the lights to go out again, and press the next key
and so on.  If you find a key that will not turn on the light, then that key
is bad.  If none of the keys seem to make the light turn on, then one of the
buttons might be stuck on keeping the other buttons from responding.

The keyless entry module is located in the trunk behind the rear seat on the
left-hand side.  With the wiring diagram, you can disconnect each keypad
wire one at a time to locate the one that might be stuck on.

Chris Locker

John wrote:
> Hi everyone,  I have a keyless entry problem.  More frequently now my
keypad on the door is "dead".  When I press the buttons, nothing.  I can
come back later, and everything works fine.  Everything in the car, i.e.
door locks works just fine.  Is this a relay problem?  If yes, where is it
located?  Or do I have a bigger problem?