[Shotimes] Re: Gen I vs. Gen II

Paul Nimz pnimz@V8SHO.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:12:36 -0500

Well the next time you see the Amoco commercial that says it's Ultimate gas
is pure it isn't true around here.  It has alcohol in it.  And not by EPA
mandate either.  The alcohol mix has turned into a scam on the customer.
The oil companies get a tax break but it is not passed onto the customer.
And the original reason for the alcohol is no longer valid.  More of your
federal tax dollars to support ADM and Big Oil.

I realize they can send different types of fuel down the pipelines.  They
put plugs in between the mixtures.  My point with the ten tanks at the
terminals is that there isn't a tank for each different brand of gasoline.
When you buy 87 octane it is the same 87 octane at all the different
stations in the area.  Same goes for the other octane grades.  At least that
is how it is here in the sticks.  But the alcohol mix is a 99% fact in
Illinois, Iowa and Indiana.

Paul Nimz
'97 TR SHO
'93 EG mtx SHO

----- Original Message -----
From: <BJamesjr@aol.com>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: Gen I vs. Gen II

> > Around my area there is very little difference in the brand of gas.
There
> > are two pipelines in the area and they only have about 10
> > tanks at the
> > terminals.
>
> There was a story on the history channel a few weeks ago about pipelines
and gasoline distribution.  They said that the pipelines were sort of like
"common carriers", and all the companies could use them.  They said they
would pump one thing for awhile, then switch over to something else and they
would get very little intermixing at the interface between the different
liquids, but they would take the liquid that they thought to be mixed and
sell it to industries that didn't care if they had diesel an gasoline mixed.

> They did say that gasolines were closer to the same than the company's
advertising would admit to, although they do mix in specific additives for
different companies before it goes into the trucks.