[Shotimes] Gas Brands Was Re: Gen I vs. Gen II

Mark Kelley mrkelley64@earthlink.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 06:58:38 -0700

I too work at a refinery (in Texas) but since I work in the IS group and often
deal with the chemical engineers involved in the processing of crude, I have
very good sources.  We refine gasoline not only for our company but also for
other oil companies (I can't say for sure we've ever done 94 however).  Once
the gas is blended, it's put into the pipe where it goes to the wholesalers.
It's at that point that it becomes a "brand" of gas.  If someone puts in an
order for Chevron gas, it comes out of the tank where the Techron additives
are put in, it's loaded on a truck and off it goes (the same process is used
for other brands as well).  The next time I talk to one of the CEs, I'll ask
them about 94.

Mark