[Shotimes] OT Please pray

Mark Nunnally manunnal@netheaven.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:12:25 -0400

> I would like to think that the efforts by all of the caring doctors and
> researchers is not going for naught. My wife is being treated for lung
> cancer (non-smoker) and I believe she is finally starting to turn the
corner
> (more of a slow curve) toward recovery. I have no doubt that if there was
> "magic bullet" to cure her, they would have used it instead of the long,
> miserable treatments she has been receiving.

    My dad had a tumor removed about 10 yrs ago.  It was under his arm,
about the size of 2 softballs.  The local lymph node was removed, but the
type of cancer was pretty aggressive and they figured since it was in his
lymph system, his chances were pretty small.  Radiation and chemo treatment,
and 10 yrs later, he's in good of health now as he's ever been.  I'm sure
they've come a long way in the past 10 yrs in technology as well.  Chemo is
nasty stuff, really tears you up.  Reduce a grown man to child-like
strength.

mark