[Shotimes] Flapping Seat belt

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:26:05 -0400

I think that the flapping seat belts has to do somewhat with the mirrors
too.  In Gen II's the belts don't flap as much as the Gen I.  Seeing as
they both share the same door the only difference is the mirrors.  If
you stick your hand at the end of the mirror on a Gen I the belt stops
flapping as much.  Also if you take a credit card sized piece of metal
or plastic and attach it to the B pillar about 4" from the bottom of the
window opening, with the longer side being vertical, the flapping will
reduce quite a bit.  I can't take credit for this though, Kurt Edelbach
has had this on his 89 since I met him.  The real test would be to put a
Gen II mirror on a Gen I and see if the flapping does reduce.

Bill Murray
Glad to have a Gen II, but still thinking that something other than a
SHO would be better...

---