[Shotimes] Heater Core ?s.

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:33:59 -0700

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:11:20 -0500, John Weidenbenner wrote:

>Have you pressure tested any of the failed heater cores?

I did test one, the aluminum one that lasted 2 weeks in the SLOrider.  It had a hole
right in the middle of the core, as opposed to the ends.  The others were obvious...you
could see the corrosion all over them, and you could see where the leak was, where the
corrosion originated from.

I understand the leaking hose thing...those connections are hard to get to without taking
the intake off, and I know how careless even conscientous mechanics can be when they are
rushed.  But my cores definitely were leaking all by themselves.

George