[Shotimes] Re: help.....valve chatter and rod knock...

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:20:29 -0800

> so is it possible to replace the rods and mains without pulling the
> engine?...please tell me this is true...

Replacing the rods is a relatively simple procedure.  Replacing the mains
however is not.  You have to remove the crank from the engine, which means
you AT LEAST have to remove the tranny, support the engine well, and pull
out the crank.  If you go through that much trouble, I'd say drop the whole
engine and do a fresh rebuild and balance (if you can afford it).

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (I SHO U)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast!)
86 Dodge Lancer (All show, no go, DAMN headgasket!)
Eugene, OR