[Shotimes] passenger seat will not come out

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:35:42 -0500

I would try to jumper that wire with a longer piece

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Justin Schick
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 10:42 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net; TechSHO@topica.com
Subject: [Shotimes] passenger seat will not come out

Brainiacs of the list, please help. I don't see how to get the front
seat out with it stuck all the way forward. 3 of the 4 nuts are off, but
I can't get on the bolt that is at the front corner closest to the
shifter. The rail goes directly over the top of it. Closest I got was
with a 9" extension, u-joint and a 13mm socket.

Then I thought I'd leave the rails in the car and take the bolts out
that hold the seat to them, but there must be more than the 4 I took
out.

Is there a way to push the seat back manually? I applied all the force I
cared to muster with my 6'2" 215 pound frame, and it wouldn't budge.

I found a broken wire. There are two black wires that go from the front
of the seat rearward, then under the carpet. They were stretched super
tight and one was broke at the grey plastic connector in the middle.
Everything else looked plugged in ok. As soon as I can get the seat
lifted up out of the way, I think I can get my seats and door locks
working again.

Thanks for any ideas!

Justin Schick - '92 SHO cruising around KC MO
SHOTimes list info: http://www.shotimes.com/SHO1.html