[Shotimes] Re: passenger seat will not come out

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:12:46 -0600

I was able to get a regular wrench on it to some degree so might track down a ratcheting one. I need to know if the wire that's broke is 12v or ground. The two red and black pairs at the front of the seat were connected, and everything around the motor (I assume - the box under there) seemed ok. This is one of two black wires that go under the carpet, I assume (hope) to ground. I'd also thought of running some speaker wire from the battery, but where would I apply it to the motor to make it move?

Thanks,

Justin Schick - '92 SHO cruising around KC MO
SHOTimes list info: http://www.shotimes.com/SHO1.html

>>> gshoemaker1@houston.rr.com 10/30/02 07:14AM >>>
A couple of thoughts:

1.  See if you can get a ratcheting box wrench in there to loosen the bolt.
2.  Try and reconnect the electrical wire that is broken and then move the
seat back enough to loosen the bolt.
3.  You might even try taking a spare battery and jury-rigging a lead to it
to give you some juice to connect to the bad connecter or the seat, just
enough to get it moving.

I wouldn't try to move the seat manually, would probably tear up the motor,
and besides it would take A LOT of force to move it, the only other option
would to be to disassemble the motor from the seat - not a good option.

Good luck.
- Gil
'92 Green