[Shotimes] Windshield replacement

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:59:52 -0500

No, just buy a new one and be done with it.

No, State Farm does NOT owe you a windshield, and if I were a State Farm
customer I would be pissed if they did replace it for you. Insurance is for
LOSS.....a pitted windshield is normal wear & tear, and is a MAINTENANCE
item.

That said, if anyone has a windshield that is 5+ years old with over 50K
miles or so, a new windshield is an excellent investment. You can't believe
how much better the vision is. It makes it seem like you have a new car.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Jeff Costantino
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 11:47 AM
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Windshield replacement

Wow... 5 against 3 to do it ;) Being someone of somewhat decent moral
fiber I'm probably not going to do it though. State Farm should pay to
have it replaced anyhow since it's a high risk if I can't see out my
window because of all the pits and scratches but I know they won't.

Is there anything that I could do to fix it? I've tried this blue stuff
in a squeeze tube that is sold at Pep Boys and it didn't really seem to
do much. A long time ago, I had this buffing wheel that was about 3.5"
diameter with a paste and it worked fairly well when I was buffing out a
deep scratch on a monitor (but overheated the glass and wrecked it).
Anyone know where it can be found? I bought it at a car flea market well
over 5 years ago but I'm sure it's something fairly common since it was
a generic item.

Jeff