[Shotimes] Gen3 A/C Blend Door Access

Leigh Smith leighsm@concentric.net
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:55:46 -0400

Replaced mine on my 89. Can't believe the 95 is much diff.
Had to pull the console, whole dash, break open / empty the A/C, and
then remove the whole A/C / heater air box. 2-1/2 day weekend job, 1
man. PITA. I am unaware of any shortcuts.

My blend door was jammed by a pencil that had fallen down the defroster
slot and worked it's way down there. Might try removing the console, and
wiggling in thru the heater outlet at the floor, where the blend door is
close by, and see if you have that problem. You might get lucky and save
you 2 days.

Leigh

Richard Adams wrote:
> My '95 SHO's heater blend door is on the blink, stuck hot. I get the code 02
> when I test the climate control. I have a 1991 SHO factory manual set (was
> cheap) and it looks like I may be able get access to the wiring and blend
> door actuator by removing the black instrument panel (arching) cover, the
> control box, and the glove box. The blend door stuff seems to sit atop the
> heater box.

My 89 was on the bottom.