[Shotimes] Moonroof questions!

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:13:59 -0400

Using the part numbers from the SHOtimes website, I ordered what I
thought were lifter arms directly from Webasto.  They came, and to my
surprise were the rail-piece that attaches with 3 screws to the moonroof
glass itself.  I was expecting the little pieces that do the actual
lifting.

Alas, even after taking the whole thing apart, I can't figure out which
pieces wear, causing the roof to rattle.  That was, after all, the whole
point to taking it apart!  Anybody able to shed some light on the
situation?

I decided not to install the new parts.  Since I had it all torn apart,
I decided to grease the sliding rails with some red Mobil 1 synthetic
grease.  The moonroof moves much, much easier.  I didn't even realize
how much it had slowed down until I fixed it!

Later,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 167k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio