[Shotimes] Steering Pump Removal/Installation

Johnsho92 john_sho92@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

hello all,

need someones help in suggesting whats best to do for
removing Power Steering pump and installation.

I see here in the book that there are four
boilts/screws holding it in, plus the Inlet/return
lines.  Removing these will free up the pump.

it also suggests removing the rear engine mount and
jack up the engine on that side? plus using an engine
hoist.  :(

Is it necessary for all this? Does anyone have any
experience or and pointers that they can share?
Thanks a lot all...

My leak seems to be coming from the noisey PS-Pump, I
see it dripping from the Pulley itself, thus the shaft
or some sort of seal or bearing is going...  My
assumption only.

Thanks for the help!

-Chi