[Shotimes] Strange stereo/electrical problem

Christian Kesselring ckesselring@sisna.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:45:31 -0600

When my stock amp burned up (okay so I burned it up), I rerouted the speaker
wires into an aftermarket 2ch amp.  It works pretty well, good sound and
good output, but there is one problem.  Whenever the engine fan kicks on, I
lose my sound for a second or less.  Seems weird to me.  I have the amp
wired to the battery for +12v and under the dash for the ground.  Any ideas
what could be causing this?  It's disconcerting how different the morning
news comes across with a phrase missing here and there.  ;o)  TIA

Christian Kesselring
'92 SHO 128k
'02 PT Cruiser 28k