[Shotimes] Spoiler Brake Light, LEDs

Rbade12@aol.com Rbade12@aol.com
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 07:41:09 EST

In a message dated 12/1/2003 2:44:34 AM Central Standard Time,
john_sho92@yahoo.com writes:
Has anyone had any experience with the replacement of
a bad LED?  I see they reccommend replacing it becuase
it's in series and such, but how can one open the
casing up?  It's all glued together by the factory
pretty good..  Any ideas or tips?
I tried, with partial success. The halves of the unit can be cut/heated
apart. Cut down as far as you can around the entire unit, then use a heat gun to
warm things up. It took awhile to do, but they did come apart. I had degradation
along the entire length of the circuit, so replacement of the bad LED did not
completely cure my problem, i.e. all LED's worked, but the light given off
was dull. IMO this is one job not worth screwing around with. $50 should get you
a working unit.

Bob 93 MTX- tucked away for a long winters nap