[Shotimes] Spring Rates

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:03:09 -0500

Well, if you're going to start playing around with factory springs,
I'd be careful.  When I rebuilt my front suspension this past summer,
I swapped in some stiffer factory springs that I picked up.  I think
they are a TRS code.  I figured that the ride height would stay the
same, but the spring would be a little stiffer.  They were pretty
much free, so what the heck.  Boy was I wrong!  The ride height
increased by about 2".

It turns out these springs came from an ATX, which is heavier than
an MTX.  I hate it.  But I still don't think all of the extra height
is from the springs.  I believe some of it is from the new strut
mounts too.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  Eibach springs
would help, but wouldn't work very well on stock (Sachs) struts.
I may swap my old '95 springs back in next summer.

Anyways, the point of all this is just to warn you that you may
not end up with what you want, unless you do some research.

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 White MTX
   '96 Brake Upgrade