No brakes.....was: Re: [Shotimes] Pics of the SR72

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:12:20 -0800

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:29:56 -0600, Donald Mallinson wrote:

>Even at 5mph it felt like all of a sudden the car sped up to 50!

Half the time when I do brake jobs I forget to pump them up before I drive it (or I
did before this episode, anyway).  That happened at Frederick, at the 2002
convention, when I changed my LCAs in the hotel parking lot.  Everyone was chatting
with me, and it was getting late, and I was hungry.  I lowered it down, jumped in,
drove around front to try it out, and rolled up to the hotel lot exit to that
highway that goes under the freeway.  I hadn't used the brakes yet, and when I tried
to stop to wait my turn, it went to the floor.  It was rush hour.  I had a friend
with me, and he about died of fright!!

Talk about panic!!

Took about 4 pumps to get the brakes back....there wasn't time to switch to the
parking brake.

Whew!!!

George