[Shotimes] Bad Knock Sensor?

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:26:57 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Tony,  I think that people get intimidated by doing this test for some
reason.  When I set out to do it the first time, it took me several
attempts to get the sequence of tasks correctly even though the procedure
was quite explicit.  The one issue that the SHOTIMES FAQ had, and I
provided comments on it, was that the throttle blip needed to be in excess
of 4K RPMs.  My guess about the overdrive on/off is that it is the last
item in the sequence since it was probably easiest when writing the
diagnostic program to just piggyback on top of the MTX test.  So my belief
is that the sequence of tasks does matter.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo