[Shotimes] Any VW owners on Long Island NY?

Christian Andretta passport@optonline.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:35:22 -0500

I know many people who have purchased from Donaldson's with no problems from
them.  Now the cars are another story.  I have two friends that fought for a
year and a half to get VW to take back their cars; one was a Jetta the other
a Passat.  Again the only experience I have with them is word of mouth about
the sales process and limited service dealings all of which were under
warranty.

Christian Andretta

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Al Fitz
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:57 PM
To: _SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Any VW owners on Long Island NY?

I bought a car at an auction on Long Island NY (99 VW bug) and had it
shipped
to the local VW dealer for an estimate and to have a key made. They charged
me
$200 to make a key and $160 to look at the car. I expected a charge but
thought that was excessive, BUT when he also charged me $400 for STORAGE on
the car he was working on, I thought that was a RIP-OFF.

So if you ever have an opportunity to deal with:

Donaldson's VW
5700 Sunrise Highway
Sayville NY 11782

DON'T DO IT. They are the worst of the worst type of dealer!!!!

Al Fitz
alfitz@alfitz.com
SHO Parts at
http://www.alfitz.com/sho