[Shotimes] Spring Rates

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:46:15 -0800

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:03:09 -0500, Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com wrote:

>It turns out these springs came from an ATX, which is heavier than an MTX.

I've read this post several times in passing, sorting my mail for storage, and
suddenly realized what you were saying.  I put front springs from a SLO, a '91 GL
sedan, in the Lowrider a couple of years ago to replace the wood spacers and
recurved springs that have been there almost forever.  It rides just the same as it
did with the spacers, at more or less (within 1/2 inch) stock height.  I guess SHO
ATX springs are stronger and have a higher compression rate than SLO springs.  The
car feels the same as it always has with these SLO springs.  It had them installed
when it did so well on the track at Summit Point in 2002.

I have Tokikos....old ones with right around 100K miles...on the front (and in the
back), and they are still holding up fine.

Whatever......     The 'new' black car will get new Tokikos and Cargo Coils all
around, and its old stock springs and Konis will be stored, to go on Lowrider when
it hits the museum.  Those old Tokikos, assuming they don't leak yet, will go on the
Luxo Barge when it arrives.

George