[Shotimes] brake pedal/brake light; weird steering problems

Hartberger, Jason M. ATAN hartbejm@roosevelt.navy.mil
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 01:59:41 -0500

Hi all, I got a 94 ATX recently, and it's in beautiful condition (the ETAC
buttons aren't cracked and the antenna works!!!), but there are a couple of
things I'd like to know about. The first thing is, when I press the brake
pedal, even ever so slightly, the brake lights come on. I know it's supposed
to be like that, but there's like another 2-3 inches of travel before
there's any braking effect. Is there any way of changing the point at which
the brake lights come on?

The other thing is, the steering seems to be really sensitive to the angle
of the road. Most roads, especially highways, are humped in the middle for
drainage, and when I'm in the left lane, the car pulls to the left, and when
I'm in the right lane, the car pulls to the right, but when I'm in the
middle lane, it just points straight forward. I'm at a complete loss as to
why this could be happening. It's not a major pulling, it's pretty minor
actually, just enough to be aggravating. Any Ideas?

Thanks.

ATAN Hartberger, USN
USS Theodore Roosevelt, CVN-71

94 ATX red 100K