[Shotimes] Miracle beater sho on ebay

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:34:29 -0500

Just something I noticed when I took my heads apart for some cleaning..

Pulling the intake Valve seals was kind of a bitch to get them off, but they
came off. While doing the exhaust valves they just slipped right off. I
wasn't thinking to much about it until I flipped it over to check the seats.
I noticed that the Guides on the exhaust side has slid down a bit, im only
guessing that from expansion and contraction that the steel guide was able
to slide down.  I don't remember this particular motor smoking.

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 2:01 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Miracle beater sho on ebay

My suspicion is excessive heat and/or poor quality control on the seals
themselves. Maybe the vehicle ran overly hot at one point. And I suspect
that it's only a few (or maybe even just one) bad seal that causes the
issues. Mine does a puff at startup, and folks said that I was getting puffs
at Blackhawk in the first couple of sessions when I let off the gas. That
seemed to stop as the day went on.....but that was also my first use of
MaxLife oil, so maybe the oil started "doing it's thing" after a few
sessions (??).