[Shotimes] 80mm MAF failure, ~$price? (HELP)

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:56:43 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

I drove for a few years with the Pro-M 77mm in it's basic setup.  If you
recall, the housing for that MAF has a metal bracket that connects is to
fixture in the engine compartment.  I am happier now with the Can since it
seems to get better temp air into the engine.

Speaking on the subject of air intake, had a chance recently to look over
an Infiniti G35 sedan.  Very nice car.  One of the interesting features
was a ram air setup on the intake.  They have the air cleaner (panel type)
sitting right up at the front of the car taking air directly through the
front opening below the hood.  When you open the hood, you can see right
into the air filter.
By comparison, the SHO had two levels of indirection via the air snorkel
and the air box located in the fenderwell.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo