[Shotimes] Weiner Auto Mechanics

Hartberger, Jason M. ATAN hartbejm@roosevelt.navy.mil
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:57:36 -0500

Does anybody have any experience with having people refuse to work on your
car because they're scared of them? I went to my base auto shop (a pretty
good shop, I've had work done with them before) and asked them for a labour
estimate on a 100k, and they guy at the counter asked me what the hell a
100k was (bad sign), so I told him... he just looked at me and then he
looked at a fellow mechanic and said "you ever worked on a SHO before?" The
other guy said "yup... I never want to work on one again." and then the guy
I was talking to said, "We won't take it. I worked on a SHO once, got damn
near married to it..."

People are scared to work on SHOs? Is this common? Seriously, I've seen the
instructions for doing the maintenance, and it doesn't look that hard. I'd
just do it my own damn self, but I have a base parking lot for a garage and
about as much technical skill as Brian Boitano (what *would* he do?)... so
now I'm searching for some dealers that aren't scared of it... weiners.

ATAN Hartberger, USN
USS Theodore Roosevelt

94 red ATX 101K  "I wanted an mtx dammit, but nobody drives one around
here!"