[Shotimes] Bozo Auto Mechanics

Neno Albert neno@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:42:07 -0800 (PST)

SHO's are NOT hard to work on at all, IMO. The worst part about them would be the lack of air
tools and heat to break stuff loose. even with all the work you go through to remove the
waterpump, it's just time consuming and nothing much more then that. Crown Vics, Caprices, and
Grand Marquis' aren't exactly a walk through the park! Especially not minivans. I'm not bashing
the guy, but it seems he's just a tit-bit too picky...

If i were to walk into a shop and have them tell me they won't work on my car, I'd probably inform
EVERYONE i know to avoid them. That's the problem with our tech world nowadays, no one works on
anything challenging, which is scary because nothing is becoming easier or work-friendly as the
clock ticks on! If they don't want to work on it, it's probably because they're not knowledgable
enough to do so. Other then internal engine work, clutch/ATX work, and the timing belt, the SHO is
a rather work friendly car. the waterpump is simply removal of accessory belts, pulleys, timing
belt covers, and a rebuild/whole pump assembly removal and install. How can that possibly freak
someone out? Maybe they hate not having air tools involved with their class "A" work! :-)

Neno