[Shotimes] End links

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:26:46 -0500

This goes back to my comment about mounting the sway bar at the extreme ends
of it's travel. When mounted properly.....within an inch or two in the
center of it's play.....it will have NO effect on ride height.

If you mount it at one of the extremes, it is mounted under tension.....not
a good thing.....and it is obvious binding if it has ANY effect on the ride
height.

It sounds like your shorter endlinks pull the bar to one end of it's travel,
which would then pull the body down. IMNSHO, this is not good.

Your comment about keeping the bar "level" is not valid IMHO, as the bar
should be mounted in the middle of it's range of travel.......which may not
be "level" (whatever "level" means).

From: Kirk Doucette [mailto:Kirk.doucette@verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 5:11 PM
To: Ron Porter; 'SHOTIMES'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] End links

The bar is connected to the body. The bar will only turn so far while
installing shorter endlinks. The also pull from a diagonal direction. When
tightening them and they start the pitch sideways the bar will stop turning
and it will pull the body of the car down. Sort of like if you were under it
and pulled on the bumper, which is not connected to the strut, but the body
of the car.

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White