[Shotimes] End Links

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:50:57 -0500

Than I guess that your against the TPR bushings that are widely sold now.. I
installed a set (front and rear0 and could not twist the bar at all by hand.
But they now seem to be the "better" replacement over Polyurethane.

Like Robert said, if you or anyone goes out and looks at your endlinks they
are in a factory bind position.  Endlinks should be totally vertical, that
you learn in SUSP 101, for a correct handling car the endlinks should be
vertical, and the swaybar eyelets should be horizontal in a perfect world or
on every other car but a Taurus.. Ford made the mounts to shallow an they
already pull the endlinks at this type of angle   Drivers \     Passenger  /
causing the bar Epically a thick bar like the 26 to be in a 100 percent all
the time bind.  That's also how they made the ride that much softer in the
G3, the puny bar 19mm bends and contorts very easily causing it to BIND less
and giving a much more comfortable ride.

The stock endlinks too are thin, and use a soft rubber bushing from the
factory. Both of which flex a lot. Anyone reading this just add HD endlinks
and notice a difference in the stiffness of the car? I bet you did.  Every
wonder why when you change out endlink bushings they are squished to one
side?

And one other thing.. Someone get a pen and write this down as the Biggest
day in SHO history..  The 29mm bar from the SS was designed to have
different mounting holes for this reason it had two sets of eyelets to
position the bar.  The rear most would accomplish the same thing as the
shorter endlinks. A stiffer and better handling car, The first and only
thing (IMO) Upgrade that ever came out of there that was designed almost
properly.  But 29mm is way to stiff.

Plus one other thing, the 26mm bar I have found to be inconsistent in length
and pitch of the eyelets. Mine and Christians are totally different bars,
and even the one on my 91 has a steeper pitch than both of the others.. Its
like the switched vendors or something..

Most of my sway bar and endlink info comes from a guy in California, who
built racecars his whole life and even after many years made his own bars. I
want to say that he raced IMSA but im not to sure what class. I called him
many years ago for some parts and he explained all of this to me, I guess
there is somehow to see when that original post was put up at V8SHO back in
01 maybe?

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White