[Shotimes] RE: 22/25 Sway Bar Combination

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:41:15 -0500

OHH OHH Im in on this one! Who's collecting the Money?

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 9:19 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] RE: 22/25 Sway Bar Combination

I said that I couldn't feel the difference on the street......and I said
that if I feel anything, it will be on the track.

I have done a few track events, and I have been able to fumble my way around
the track on occasion......

My point....which I was actually being KIND about.....is that many people on
this list are absolutely full of crapola when they claim that the SHO is an
understeering PIG, and that they notice "wonderful" changes in handling when
they change a bar by 2mm. Now, they are folks that have never done a track
or autocross, and my first...second...third thought is to basically tell
them that they are ignorant f**ks who can't drive, and changing bars is a
waste of money that would be better spent on a driving school with their
STOCK SHO.....which has far more ability in STOCK form than their driving
skills.

But, on that particular day, I was trying to be nice.

Nonetheless, a 2mm bar change has NO discernible difference on the
street...on my streets, anyway, where the most interesting road are the
on/off ramps on the Interstate.

If you have a track car set up with a razor-sharp situation, sure....you
will feel it. A 3,300-3,500 # car with rubber bushings, 1-3-5 passengers,
0-200 #s in the trunk, varying road composition and surface quality, 1-18
gallons of gas in the tank, a 20-degree difference since the last time the
tire pressure was checked, etc, etc means that a 2mm bar difference doesn't
mean a flying f**k in handling feel between today and yesterday.

Come out to the CA Convention, let's see how a 7X SCCA Camp fares with the
rest of us. And I trust this is a 7X SCCA champ on the track, and not around
the cones in a parking lot.

As I and another 10,000 or so folks have stated.....sway bar setups for the
street & track bear NO relation to what is needed in autocross. If you are a
7X autocross champ, just get outta the damn way at Thunderhill!!