[Shotimes] Headlight bulbs

Herman Anker heranker@rogers.com
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 10:54:02 -0500

http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/sylvania-xenarc-x1010.htm has them for $389. Shop around or check out ebay - u might find them even cheaper.

The stock headlamps biggest problem is short lasting front lense, nothing wrong with the reflector surface quality. The desision to use 9007 over H4 application was bad from a design standpoint. It cost maybe $2 less to use a 9000 series bulb above a H4: The H4 requires a weather protectant rubber cap - 9007 has a built in rubber ring and obvoisly dont need it. Many cars uses H4 in the US, so nothing wrong with legality - Ford was just beeing cheap on lighting as usual.

BTW the number of the label E4 doesnt signify anything else than country of approval.

I am glad I don't have to look at those stockers anymore...