[Shotimes] Headlight bulbs

James White greensho@crown.net
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 17:12:38 -0600

Under $400?  Wonder where you would get this bargin?

On the '93mtx I tried a set of 60/100 bulbs at first.  After a year a
connection on the headlight socket burned up.

Got a relay set and then went to 80/100 bulbs and the bulbs would not last
more than a week.  Went trough 3 pair in less than 3 weeks.  Someone on this
list several years ago suggested that with the Mitsubishi alternator there
was a voltage spike when you turned off the key and that took its toll on
the bulbs.

I really never noticed that much improvement.  In fact I drove home one
night over 200 miles on 2-lane roads with only the 100 watt high beams on
and no one even flashed me to dim.  Like Herman says, the problem is the
lense and reflector.

A 55/65 watt Euro spec E4 headlight would be 100% than even 200 watts in the
crappy designed headlight of your SHOs

Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   276k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   233k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO