[Shotimes] (OT)Space Shuttle disaster

KICKINSHO@aol.com KICKINSHO@aol.com
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:17:33 EST

A good example of my original point, is when I read today's paper I
found 4 pages in the front page section that were titled "Columbia
Tragedy," and then in "rest of the world" section I read an article
about a train crash where 40 people were killed and 60 injured in
Zimbabwe.  This is EXACTLY what pisses me off.  I only really care about
what effects me, it's the only real way to live my life.  I could
pretend to care about the shuttle disaster, and tell everyone around me
how sad I am for these people killed so I could look like I care.  But I
don't, I neither do MILLIONS of people in this country that are right
now pretending to care, so they look like caring individuals.  I hate
these people.  I know this is coming off as a flame, which is something
I try to avoid doing, but making an OT post to a mailing list and saying
how sorry you are for these people has NO POINT other than to try and
make yourself look like you're a caring individual. If you really did
care, you wouldn't need to tell everyone about it, because that wouldn't
matter.  It's choosing to care when it's convenient, because if you
REALLY did care about pain and suffering of EVERYONE in the world, you
would never have time for anything else, because you would always be in
mourning.  So why not just spend the time caring about things that
matter, things that effect YOUR life.  And if something effects my life,
that I care about, I'm not going to expect anyone else to care but me,
because they have no reason to care.

Just watch some tragedy befall me, or something I'm part of.  How long
do you think it will take to me start attacking the pity hounds that
claim that they care, but really just want to be part of the tragedy.
Cough Cough.....Columbine....Cough Cough.

Here, someone else take this soapbox from me.

-Noah South III

I should not get into this, but being the kind of persn who is more "old
fashioned" and believes in quality of life as opposed to "quantity" and
"self". I say that the response to your e-mail is
this..........................................................................

This is exactly what is wrong with the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I don't even know you Noah, and I truly hope to meet you at the
convention, but I completely believe that the problems we are having today is
a direct result from people not caring, and not teaching their children the
same thing.

Okay, now  I have done it.  Does this mean that I too, will need a flame
suit?

Just my two cents, that for some reason, I felt I needed to say.

Kris
'91+ White
'93 Ultra Red ATX
"Women who behave, never make history"