[Shotimes] Another silly race story

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:16:35 -0500

I think that he was playing with you if he had any sort of mods.

I got a ride in my friend's DSM again yesterday. New wastegate and
exhaust since the last time I was in the car. AWD, new motor with LC JE
slugs, 16#'s of boost and some other stuff. It is damn quick and will
take most anything off the line.

GST is a turbo model. GSX is AWD turbo.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Christian Kesselring
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 2:55 PM
To: Shotimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Another silly race story

On Friday, on my way home from work, I encountered a guy in an Eclipse
GS-T who rolled up next to me at a light.  Of course, the light took
forever to turn, and we spent it checking out each other's cars.  His
was lowered, nice wheels, and he had a few huge gauges on the side of
his dash.  Also, a real (I HAVE seen fake ones) fire extinguisher on the
passenger side A pillar. On green, we both took off.  It was almost dead
even through first gear, and halfway through second I had a 3/4 car
length on him and pulling when the Eclipse jumped and started gaining
fast.  At the top of second, he was creeping past me.  We had traffic
ahead, so we both shut it down.  I was surprised at his burst of
acceleration at the end, maybe it was nitrous, or just a sweet spot for
the turbo?  It was a nice car, though, and a good race.

Christian Kesselring
'92 SHO 120k
Shotimes mailing list
Shotimes@autox.team.net http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/shotimes