[Shotimes] Replacing the SHO

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:46:24 -0600

Mark,

Not smoking anything (wow, how many jokes in poor taste can
we hopefully avoid over the word "crack" ?  ;)  )

Here is what I said:  "in overall quality feel, I didn't
feel one bit like I had taken a big step down.  Yes, it was
a step down, but a tiny one."

I didn't talk specifically about build quality, but there is
NOTHING wrong with the build quality of my '96.  Body lines
are tight and consistent.  The thing is tight and
squeek/rattle free at 7 years and 80,000+ miles, and the
interior is holding up well, as is the exterior. Can't ask
for much better than that.

Like I implied and said, the Beemer is a quality piece and
it shows and drives like it.  But the '96 is close enough
that it just isn't worth the huge hit my pocketbook would
have to take to trade.

Don Mallinson
Only smokin' the tires.
I can buy a half-dozen more SHO's AND maintain them, with
what one 530 would cost, let alone what a 540 stickers for!