[Shotimes] Uh-Oh...

Jonathon Beisler JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:59:44 -0500

Hi Guys,
Okay, I will try to explain all the symptoms that I am suddenly experiencing today.  First, I know that my car has an oil leak, pretty sure it's pan seal; it also has a coolant leak, haven't found that leak yet.  Anyway, I started to smell coolant through the heater vents on the way to work.  This has happened before so I don't know if it is related.  Next, I saw smoke coming from under the hood on the passenger side.  When I opened the hood, smoke was coming out from beneath the upper outer timing belt cover on the left side only (towards front of car).  The smoke smelled a little like burning rubber.  So, could the belt have slipped sideways and be rubbing against something?  I  have parked it until I get a closer look but any ideas or beginnings from you all would be great.
TIA, Jon B