[Shotimes] Re: spring and struts replacement

ianf@eden.rutgers.edu ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:46:03 -0500 (EST)

I am not even suggesting that the Taurii that I've worked on are
decrepit and poorly maintained either. I have TPR bushings and AL SF
bushings on my personal 93 and I had full poly on my 94. I don't know
why everyone is having all of these problems when I can do it so easily
and quickly.

Maybe I should demonstrate at the next convention? :)

Ian

> Remove the LCA from the knuckle, then you can push the knuckle down
and off
> of the strut.
>
> I've never found a front suspension that would freely drop down that
far
> without torqueing the crap out of it, but then I've never worked on a
Gen1,
> either, and I've also never worked on a decrepit Taurii or Sable,
since I
> maintain the vehicles my extended family drives fairly well. I can
see one
> with worn-out bushing coming off easily, but I've leveraged 200Lbs on
> six-foot long 2x4, between the LCA and the subframe, and the
suspension
> obviously does not want to go that far. Maybe you've got special
Taurii with
> extended travel suspension or something where you reside.
>

> David P
>
> 95MTX
>

> ~

SHO's