[Shotimes] OT: Case against Iraq

David P jpotter8@bellsouth.net
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:33:23 -0500

I agree that there is not much else we can do to stem the tide of
terroristic activities and unruly regimes without going into Iraq and making
a statement, but at the same time I fully realize that this is not even
remotely going to be Desert Storm 2. Saddam is incredibly better prepared to
deal with us compared to round 1. He does not have the conventional
munitions numbers he had last time, but he still has a large number of
conventional and chemical weapons (I never understood how the UN inspectors
expected to locate weapons that the world, to this day, do not know he has,
and they still have not located them), he has much better knowledge of our
capabilities and strategies, he has modified his bunkers to better protect
what he plans on using, and he has incited a higher level of morale among
his troops through ten years of propoganda. We will not get away with less
than 500 deaths this time.

If Saddam was capable of easily wiping out Israel, he would have done so
many years ago. He knows they have a good number of nukes and are very
willing to use them, unlike the US military. The small real-estate known as
Israel is not large enough to offset the repercussions he'd receive.

I expect gasoline prices to go up and stay up from here on out, barring the
usual oil fluctuations.

David P

95MTX

~