[Shotimes] RE: OT (but what isn't an

Michael S Wojton Mike.Wojton@owens-ill.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:31:00 -0500

Being a full fledged Polack, I consider any kielbasa as good.  Kielbasa cooked
in beer is good, but I prefer the way my father-in-law cooks it.  Sticks it in
one
of those George Foreman rotating grill things and lets it cook for a while.
That's
the best.  Outside all crispy and brown; inside all delicious meat by-product
goodness.  Mmmmmmmm......

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 Green MTX  3/01-1/03
   ShoShop y-pipe

-'95 White Mtx
   '96 Brake Upgrade

------------------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )---------------------
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:58:01 -0500
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Cc: 1.V8SHO.list[V8sho]@v8sho.com
From: Ian.Fisher[ianf]@eden.rutgers.edu
Sender: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] OT (but what isn't anymore?) my dinner

I found a winner tonight, something that I can keep falling back on. I
thought that I'd share in case anyone shares my strange tastes and wants
a winner when they are in a bind for time.

First of all, I guess I should give some history. Being a college
student, I've learned the valuable lesson of eating in and making my own
meals. For awhile I thought that this meant eating ramen noodles and
mayonnaise and cheese sandwiches forever. (inside joke, but please tell
me that someone else eats mayo and cheese sandwiches?)

Anyway, I've been cooking decent meals for myself a lot lately. Nothing
really great, nothing terrible, but a lot of experimental stuff (no, I'm
not running a meth lab in my kitchen). Some of it is edible and some of
it is good. I tried something new tonight and I thought that I'd share
because I am REALLY bored and tired from work today and I don't feel
like doing any of my homework right now..(the list is my distraction)

I like those Topps hamburger patties. I don't have a family living with
me so I don't get the family pack. I do however get the much larger
picnic pack (although I don't picnic often) and that lasts me at least a
month and annoys my housemate that I share the freezer with, I'm sure.

What did I make that was so good? Hold on; I'll only waste your time for
a few more minutes..

Microwave the patty for 1.5 minutes. This is a cool trick that I learned
from someone. It gets all the grease and fat out and still leaves you
with something left to fry in a pan.

Place red/brown patty in frying pan and cook on high.
Turn overhead stove fan (which never works anyway)on and make sure the
smoke alarm is disconnected.
Spread mayo (Helmans Real mayo, not the low fat junk) on 2 pieces of
white bread (your bread preference may vary).
Add McCormick's all season salt liberally to the patty as it is frying.
Add pepper as well.

Add a nice chunk of sharp cheddar cheese to the patty and let it melt.
After patty is cooked to your satisfaction, transfer it to the bread.

Now, I've done everything from  adding fried eggs, catsup, Jamaican Jerk
seasoning and mustard etc at this step.

Tonight I thought for a few second and put the catsup down. I added
salsa instead.

Ok, people are either vomiting or getting hungry at this point.

Anyway, that's it. It took about 5 minutes to cook and I at least
thought that it was good enough to make another one. It goes well with
beer and that's probably why I felt that it was prudent to post this to
the list (the beer made me do it). So let me know; is this a good
starting point for a marketable recipe book? ;) j/k

I at least want to know if anyone else out there eats mayo and cheese
sandwiches?
What about cook kielbasa in beer?

I figured that the list could use something light hearted since there is
some building tension on the list lately.

Ian "yeah, this was a really strange post" Fisher