[Shotimes] RE: OT (but what isn't anymore?) my dinner

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:34:18 -0500

Sure, you say that now.  But, what if the 10 years you reduce your life
by is the 10 years in which you could watch your grandchildren grow up.
Or the 10 years you could spend blowing the last bit of your hard-earned
money doing whatever you want.  Or the 10 years you could spend relaxing
in your beach house in Florida.

Chopping 10 years off one's life may not seem like much when you're
still in the workforce.  But when you realize you're chopping 10 years
off the part of your life you're striving so hard to improve, it's a big
deal.

You think people that expected to live to 70 years old but are having
medical problems at the age of 60 and may be closer to death than they
think wish they could go back and change some of the decisions they
made?  Of course.

All it takes is a bit of foresight.  Sure, something you do today or eat
tonight may seem like a load of fun, but years of it is just needless
abuse of your own body and you won't remember that salsa-burger so
clearly when you're dying before your time.

Steve "Where the hell did this novel come from?" Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 165k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio