[Shotimes] RE: OT (but what isn't anymore?) my dinner

Ron Nottingham nottingham@alltel.net
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:25:32 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Tatro" <stevetatro_shotimes@att.net>

> Sure, you say that now.  But, what if the 10 years you reduce your life
> by is the 10 years in which you could watch your grandchildren grow up.
> Or the 10 years you could spend blowing the last bit of your hard-earned
> money doing whatever you want.  Or the 10 years you could spend relaxing
> in your beach house in Florida.

Already have the house in Florida, while not right on the beach, it's maybe
3-400 feet from it :-)

Really, you could do all that healthy stuff (OK, I admit, I do eat healthy,
but I do indulge a few times), then walk outside and get hit by a bus.  You
only live life once, you don't get a "do over", or "extended time", or
anything like that.  The point being, no one is guaranteed 60 years, 70
years, or 80 years, heck, even 20 years.  I've known people who spent their
lives saving, doing the "healthy" thing, etc., to do some of the stuff you
mentioned, but what "life" they had working for that "final 10 years" of
doing what they want was never realized.  The future IS important, but so is
today, one must learn to balance the "living for today" with the "living for
tomorrow".

Take this advice from someone that literally was within 1/8th of an inch of
losing his life.  Long story short, when I was 16, a bottle rocket misfired,
hit my eye, bounced out then exploded.  Ended my pilot career (already had
my appointment to the Air Force Academy, BEFORE my senior year of high
school), and left me blind in one eye.

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO
"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile"