[Shotimes] '94 Clutch Troubles

Chris "Zap" zap@columbus.rr.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 21:06:13 -0500

I've looked at the FAQ and I am fearing bad things right now.  The '94 (with
around 86k) seems to be having clutch troubles.  When the clutch isn't
pressed in at all, the pedal vibrates pretty significantly.  The next
symptom just recently started.  When the clutch is pressed in, there is a
noise which will oscillate as the engine revs faster and slower, and after
the clutch is released then the noise will go away.  When we returned, I
noticed a funny smell which I am guessing could be burning clutch.  What my
guess is, is that the clutch bolts have backed out further than they were
before and are slowly getting looser, resulting in eventual clutch failure
and maybe even other problems.  Does this sound correct?  Is it too late to
save it, or what should I do?  We can try to drive the '95 around until I
know it's safe to fix/drive the '94 but I hope to resolve this problem
sooner than later.  Any expert advice or help is greatly appreciated.  I
don't know where to take it if it has to be fixed at a shop, either here in
Cincinnati or in Columbus, but as usual I would much rather do the work with
help if at all possible.

I really need to get under the '95 and wipe the engine clean so I can figure
out where that small oil leak is coming from.  I just dread the freezing
cold and tiny space to squeeze through!

Thanks,
Chris