[Shotimes] Re: Enough of the OT, see ya....

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 20:19:07 -0500

We tried a monitored Tech list.....it died a natural death, with no
interest.

Dave Kegel said it best a few months ago, the topic is getting boring, as
there isn't much new stuff to discuss anymore. We spend a lot of time
talking new members through things that are new to them, since there are no
archives. Nothing really wrong with that, but if the list was limited to new
or tech info, it would be a couple of posts a day.

Jim, I've never met you, but after 14 years of SHO ownership, and attending
a lot of SHO events for probably 12 years or so, I know a lot of the SHO
folks personally. Yes, we have a fair amount of Tavern-type talk with OT
subjects, but frankly that is absolutely OK with me. It is PRIMARILY the
interaction with other SHO folks that has kept me in a SHO for so many
years, and not the quality/quantity of tech info on the lists (although that
has also been very helpful).

FWIW, another list I'm on, the Rennlist 911 list, is much like this list,
with a good mix of technical and tavern OT discussions, and I also enjoy
that list a lot.