[Shotimes] (OT) Mazda 6 and '04 Maxima

Paul Chapin pchapin@houston.rr.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 02:25:32 -0800

.  I also like the GTO.  The styling doesn't look
> like a "boy racer" but at the same time isn't too bland that it would
> just blend in with the other traffic all the time.  And the lack of
> plastic body cladding and rear view mirrors the size of a large football
> is a very nice thing.
>
> Bill Murray

I recently saw the GTO at the Houston auto show and my impression is about
the same. The wow factor is not there in the looks department but it is
still better than average looking. I would like to have sat in it but they
had it on a spinning platform. I believe the car will be a thrill to drive,
over 300 rwph, mid 13 sec, independent rear suspension and room for four
adults. Not to mention, what a cam and ported heads, already available, will
do for performance. You will see some running 10's within a few days of them
hitting the showroom. This car will definitely make a great SHO replacement
if you can live with the two doors.

Paul