[Shotimes] Hard start...sensor related?

Paul Chapin pchapin@houston.rr.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:14:50 -0800

> Holding the gas pedal down doesn't seem to help any because I've been
trying
> it and it doesn't seem to work.

Holding the pedal to the floor will keep it from cranking, at least on most
cars. The ones that crank with the peddel to the floor may not be
registering WOT.

> Cam position sensor is a new item, worked great on the old motor then
swapped
> to this one.
>
> Fuel pump had no problem with the old motor and the problem came up the
first
> time I tried to start the new motor(not ruling it out, just saying it'd be
> weird to have it go bad during an engine swap).

Use a bright light and watch the area of your fuel injectors. If there is
any fuel leaking it will make it hard to start. Of course you would probably
smell the gas if it were leaking.

Will a sticking IAB make it hard to start?

Paul