Fw: RE: RE: RE: [Shotimes] RE: supercharging

IdriveaSHO@aol.com IdriveaSHO@aol.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 01:22:28 EST

Actually, to let a "secret" out of the bag....SS's and Z28's dyno the same
#'s within about 5hp. Yes I've seen this, more than a few different of each,
and also the same things on different days. Wether or not the SS is even 5hp
higher or just the car running a little cooler(intake) than the standards,
not really much of a big deal though. For the extra dough I'd skip the SS,
buy a Z28 and put a 12 bolt rear end in with some better gears since the 10
bolt rear is VERY notorious for breaking under stock power levels. As for a
mustang, the fox body(1979-1993) is the best bang for your buck. Personally I
wouldn't go any older than '85 though. '85 is carburated and you can do any
number of fast things to it. 87+ is EFI, 88CA only and 89+ are Mass air.
These are THE cheapest cars to make fast, cheaper than small block chevy
whatevers, cheaper than brand x cars, the absolute cheapest. They're even
cheaper when you buy one that someone spent $20k on and can only sell for $8k
car included =)   Good luck -Steve "had two mustangs and I'm in a Z28/TA
club" Bowen
<< inexpensive
 performance I would look at used Mustangs or Camaro SS's >>