[Shotimes] (OT) Marauder (Neon vs. Focus)

Chip blackjag91@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:06:14 -0800 (PST)

I would agree with you up to that point...the new SRT-4 (turbo Neon) is 2 SECONDS QUICKER 0-60 than the SVT Focus, which is a huge margin on the street.  I'm talking in the mid-5s.  That is QUICK no matter how you slice it.  As for the handling, everything I've read (I have yet to drive one, or even see one on the street for that matter) says it's quite a handler.  Apparently there have been very significant changes to the "regular neon" underpinnings - so much so that even "regular Neon" springs won't fit the SRT-4.  All who have driven it are impressed.  Since I haven't driven it, I'll reserve judgement.  Based solely on acceleration, though, I know where I'd spend my $20k.

 Ron Fleshman <insman@direcway.com> wrote:
Neon? I challenge anyone to drive the new Neon "boy racer" and the
Focus SVT. No comparison. None.