[Shotimes] Re: Rookie Significant Others was: Convention Track event - AWA group

ianf@eden.rutgers.edu ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:47:40 -0500 (EST)

Yeah, but I still don't see the logic behind the idea. What is the
diffeence between a male driver without track experience and a female
without track experience? Seriously (no jokes). Legally, it could be a
nightmare.

sorry for the typos (no spell check at work and no time to check)

Ian

> Ian, if we have a "ladies" class as Don describes, my Therese would
go out, with me in the passenger seat as
> tutor.  She'll be terrified but she'll have a blast.
>
> But Ian has a point.  Don, if you have a "Ladies Only" class, you
could get sued!  A lawsuit is pending in Wisconsin against the
> "Curves for Women" fitness-center chain.  Seems Wisconsin's anti-
discrimination law forbids any exclusion in public accomodations by
> gender.  The State Assembly is considering a bill that would create a
loophole so that female-only fitness centers (read: Curves)
> would be legal.  So Don, maybe we should be PC and call it "rookie
significant others" class.  :-)