[Shotimes] Re: Rookie Significant Others

Mark Blacknell mark@blacknell.net
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:02:36 -0500

I seriously doubt you'll see any "legal" problems with such a set up,
Ian.  However, your questions are timely - what, exactly, is it behind the
thought process that presumes women should be in a separate class than men
on a track?

My guess is that it's simply a function of age and ignorance, in this
instance.  Of course, it's not just Don - it's a pretty pervasive attitude
in motorsports, and one that tends to drive women away from it (who wants
to fight to be accepted as regular member of a club?).  It's a shame, really.